johnlink gets tagged
This game of blogger’s tag has been spreading throughout the movie blogging community like a pesky case of herpes. I caught mine from the prolific Tyson Carter over at the wonderful HEAD IN A VICE. Now that I’m tagged, I have to do some stuff and ask other bloggers do some stuff too. Sounds fun! Go ahead and make the jump…
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and eleven random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create eleven new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.
MY PHOTO (but I am not telling you which one is me)
MY ELEVEN FACTS
1. I am happily married and have a beautiful wife named Liz. We have two kids: Quinn (he’s two and a half, pictured above at about two years old) and Charlie (she’s almost five months old).
2. I’m 30 years old and have been paid to hold the following jobs: Manager at a movie/music store, human resources manager at a movie theater, actor, theater director, fight choreographer, production assistant on a TV show, assistant to a literary agent (only because the person whose job it was went on leave and I was bumped up from the mailroom), and bartender.
3. If someone put thirty pounds of salmon in front of me I would probably eat it all. I have no will power when it comes to salmon.
4. I’m currently in Grad School in Boston to get a masters in theater education.
5. I am a board game geek.
6. This happened. (Two notes. One: I am the ‘stocky’ one, not one of the two attractive ones. Secondly: I suggest episode five. They certainly don’t need to be watched in order, haha).
7. You’ll notice they made me call myself “John Rogen” because of the resemblance to a certain actor.
8. I wish I had time to read more.
9. Less than ten people knew about my blog the first few years I was doing it because I really didn’t think it was worth promoting.
10. A few years ago I wrote a novel and it was published as an e-book. (Here is the Amazon link to prove it.)
11. I am a beer snob.
TYSON’S QUESTIONS (and here is a link to Tyson’s original article)
- Which nostril are you currently using? *Left. But I am ambidextrous when it comes to my nostrils.*
- What’s your pornstar name? (Your first name is the name of the very first pet you ever had, and your last name is the very first street you grew up on) *Tiger Sun Valley. That works. It could also be the name of the porn studio.*
- Without googling, tell me what your interpretation is of the offside rule in the worlds biggest and most played game, Football (and not the american throwing sport with the same name). *Oh geez. I am an American football guy, not a run-around-for-an-hour-so-we-can-end-in-a-zero-zero-(sorry-nill-nill)-tie kind of guy. Offside has something to do with the forwards being past some line before the ball gets past said line. But don’t use that description to teach your kids please.*
- Who is your #1 absolute favourite actor or actress? *Impossible to answer. My favorite, historically, is probably Bogie. But my favorite currently is Daniel Day Lewis.*
- Do you think I have a chance with Jennifer Lawrence (see my photo above)? *Of course. But does she have a chance with you?*
- Do you think Oscar Pistorius is guilty or innocent? *Guilty. And I find it fascinating how it seems to be getting screwed up by the system, much like the OJ case. What is it, though, about society, that makes us really want to believe this guy’s story even though it is patently absurd? When I read it, I WANTED to believe him. But I just couldn’t.*
- Do you like the film Drive? (If no, why not and please prepare for an unfollow) *Absolutely, though it does not throw my drive shaft into top gear the way it does for Tyson, if you like phallic euphemisms… But still a very good movie.*
- What is your favourite word? *Myriad.*
- What is your favourite swear word? (go crazy, no censors here) *Assface.*
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? *”Ah, what the hell. I’ll let you in anyway.”*
- If someone bought you a ticket, would go into space? *Without question. No brainier. Why would someone say no?!?!*
1) What was your very first favorite movie?
2) How old were you when you realized that The Princess Bride was the most rewarding movie experience ever constructed?
3) If you had to watch movies from only one director for the rest of your life, who would it be?
4) What is your guilty pleasure TV show?
5) If you were given free reign, what would you use a 3D printer to make?
6) Finish this sentence. Happiness is…
7) If you could get in your car and drive anywhere in the world by yourself for a week without repercussions from work, family, etc., where would you go?
8) You know that American football (which shouldn’t even require the word American) is the best sport on Earth, right?
9) What is your snack food vice?
10) Tell me about a band or a musician who speaks to you.
11) Who is Kaiser Soze?
Sorry if I missed anyone (and please do feel free to participate anyway!), and sorry if I tagged anyone who has zero interest. Please don’t feel compelled to do this if you are not interested. I sort of browsed around and looked to see who had not done this yet. This whole thing is only a mild step above those old chain emails and the Facebook letter game. I will not take it personally if you don’t play along